Wednesday 7 March 2012

Something a bit different

No I haven't come over all funny, but I have moved out of my comfort zone a little this week. Not just because I have blogged, but I have also challenged myself a little crafting wise, to try a very different style for me.

This came about because of the beautiful new masks that we are launching on Friday on Create and Craft. So I have played with White on White (not easy for Mrs Inky fingers), which I will upload later, as blogger keeps rotating it, and you would need to stand on your head to see it!! But really different for me is this pretty girly card. This is a sort of paper piecing (well my version anyway) I embossed the lovely topiary tree mask on a few different small designed patterned papers (they need to be small designs or it doesn't work, and I know as I tried!!) then you give it a little ink, to highlight the embossing, and then cut out the various elements. I then pieced it back together on a nice background, added some paper flowers with gem middles, a doodled line (another first for me!!) matted it on to a nice paper and a pretty doily. Done! Worth the fiddly cutting I think!
So 2 posts in one week can't be bad! I will try and upload more pictures using the new masks and some of the techniques to help you get the most out of them. Happy Crafting and see you Friday

Ali xx

12 comments:

  1. Different and effective, moving out of our comfort zone is so hard but once again you lead the way with your inspiration, thanks for sharing Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ali ..well done you for breaking away from your comfort zone ...Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really lovely Ali! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be watching you... thanks for sharing.. will be following
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali

    I am watching you on C & C and blogging and you mentioned your blog address so I am now your newest follower. All the things you do are so inspirational, I love all the techniques you do and admire your ability to experiment - I find this very difficult!!!

    Have a great weekend.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching you now, great programme, thanks for the wonderful tips. Love the new masks, Carry on crafting x Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your show today and I'm now going to search for some wax paper! Look forward to reading your blog again
    Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ali loved the shows today.and i found some wax paper but its wrapped round my sausages x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful masks Ali already added to my wish list. Love all your shows im a stamp away Ali addict. Love all your inspirating techniques. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali, love the new masks and the ways that you use them. Fridays shows were brill. Great to see your girly side. Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ali,
    I have given your blog an award...if you pop over to mine you will see what it is!
    Crafty hugs,
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete