Thursday 28 June 2012

Double Embossed!!

Double trouble, not with this technique. I love embossing with my masks, the texture, the dimension and the array of effects you can create. But I always thought it was a once type of technique, I have heat embossed on top of embossing, but never embossed embossing. Well until now!! Having seen the stunning effects a lady got at a workshop when she re-embossed her card because she was not happy with it, I knew it had potential as a planned technique! So when I got my inky mitts on the new snowflake frame, I knew this was the mask to play with! Now in order to create the full effect with this one I did need to use my Grand Calibur, and all I did was emboss the mask on the middle of a piece of stamp and colour paper, I then rotated the mask, so it lined up with the embossing to create a full wreath effect, and embossed it again. At this point the first embossing can look a little flat, but don't panic, ink it (my motto in life, if in doubt ink it!!) Then watch the depth appear, it really appears that the second embossing is in front of the first, I love it!! When happy with the inking I brushed a bit of mica on to add something extra, stamped and die cut a Christmas stamp, matt and layered it all and, there you go!! Simple!!
I am also pleased to give you some dates for your diary (so you can avoid me if you want!!) I have Create and Craft shows on 6th July, 12th July and.......drum roll please.... Paper Clinic 16th July!!
Ok folks happy crafting
Ali xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Ali, this is fantastic, and glad you are doing lots of shows on C and C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I finally got to watch the show that you did the wet stamping on and it was brilliant too. I love the masks you design and make and am now starting to fill my 3rd 6x6 album with them.
    Best wishes and thank you for sharing your talent
    Lisa R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique and I love the snowflake mask...another one for my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to add this to my list of must trys and the snowflake mask is on my wish list as well
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Ali, you really do inspire us crafters. Another must try technique. Thanks, and have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Ali, Just received winter wonderland stamps soooooo excited!! Going to get crafting not got masks or machine to emboss them, so can't recreate your masterpieces but sure i will make some lovely cards with just the stamps. Bye off to craft now ;)) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card Ali, i did a card using my Angel of the North mask ,soory thats what i call it my 1st attempt at masking after a few go,s got one i could use, also got youre 1st dvd ,im sure this will soon become a ref book used again and again ,thanks for sharring all tips with us look foward to c+c shows take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Ali thanks for the dates i have now programmed my machine thing (lol) to watch you looking forward to all of them especially the paper clinic. Still think c&c should give you your own 2hr class spot xx gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH Ali i'm liking this idea - I'll give it a go if I can find and mask amongst my stash that I think will work. Machine will be set for all your shows as usual!! Keep giving us brill inspiration.
    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali,

    This is fabulous stuff !!! I like the colour combination. Brilliant design.

    If you want to know more about Scrapbooking ideas and scrapbooking supplies? Here you can find http://www.alacraft.com.au/scrapbooking-cat10

    ReplyDelete